Valerie Tarico and Katharine Harkins from Resilient Generation joined our March Leadership Council Meeting to share an informative presentation on the Best Start for Kids. Their presentation gave us some great ideas for approaching a potential Maternal and Child Health program as part of the Demonstration.
They had so many resources to share, we've uploaded them all here on the blog:
- Slides from their presentation at the March ACH Leadership Council
- Valerie's article describing Colorado's success story and what's possible in Washington and Oregon from Sightline (regional think tank broadly focused on sustainability)
- Resilient Generation's Evidence Base for Birth timing as Primary Prevention
- Excerpt's on delaying and timing pregnancy to create opportunity, from the Atlantic's article on the "Big Bets" -- investments that reduce poverty"
- The recent CDC Grand Rounds on Preventing Neonatal Abstinence Syndrome which recommends providing family planning services in substance abuse treatment settings as primary prevention.
- The American Academy of Family Physicians' position paper calling for integration of preconception care (family planning) for women, men and adolescents into primary care.