Eleven of our rural hospitals in Washington State have agreed to collaborate on the formation of a statewide Accountable Care Organization (ACO). If you are wondering what an ACO is, here’s a good primer.
We are excited that the National Rural ACO will be supporting this important work. First step is the submission of their application to Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS). Fingers crossed, CMS will approve their organizational structure and they will launch January 1, 2016.
Participating hospitals in BHT region hospitals are:
- Newport Hospital & Health Services – Pend Oreille County
- Ferry County Memorial Hospital – Ferry County
Plus some cool friends from around the state:
- Dayton General Hospital – Columbia County
- Tri State Regional Medical Center – Asotin County
- Sunnyside Hospital – Yakima County
- Coulee Medical Center – Grant County
- Summit Pacific – Grays Harbor County
- Mason General Hospital – Mason County
- Forks Community Hospital – Clallam County
- Jefferson Healthcare – Jefferson County
- Klickitat Valley Health – Klickitat County