Spokane Housing Authority (SHA) will accept online pre-applications for The 2016 Open Waiting List of the Housing Choice Voucher Program from 12 a.m. on January 19 to 3 p.m. on January 21.
The pre-application can be found at www.spokanehousing.org.
Only one pre-application per household will be accepted. Applications must be at least 18 years old. Pre-applications will be placed on the waiting list by time and date of receipt of the pre-application and preference. Applicants without a preference will be placed at the bottom of the waiting list according the date of receipt of the application.
- A family whose head, cohead, spouse, or sole member is a person with disabilities; two or more persons with disabilities living together; or one or more persons with disabilities living with one or more live-in aides.
- A family whose head, cohead, spouse, or sole member is a person who is at least 62 years of age; two or more persons who are at least 62 years of age living together; or one or more persons who are at least 62 years of age living with one or more live-in aides.
- Applicant families with dependent children. Preferences will be verified and must be valid when an applicant reaches the top of the waiting list.
For assistance applying online, visit:
- SHA at 55 West Mission during regular lobby hours (8:30 a.m. to 4 p.m. Tuesday and Thursday, 1 p.m. to 4 p.m. on Wednesday).
- SHA’s booth at Homeless Connect on January 19 at Salvation Army, 222 East Indiana Avenue.
Note: After placement on the 2016 waiting list, applicants must notify Spokane Housing Authority of any mailing address changes in writing otherwise you may be removed from the waiting list.